Parsons Construction has extensive experience of the internal refurbishment of a variety of building types to a high quality, across the social housing, education and commercial sectors. Each refurbishment project provides its own anomalies and issues and it is here that the Parsons team really comes into its own.
- Structural works
- Voids refurbishment
- Fire damaged reinstatement and disaster recovery
- Kitchen and bathroom installations
- Schools – Internal refurbishment
- Community facility contract alterations
“Every refurbishment is different, each one requiring one of our specialist teams”
As an example, our social housing refurbishment contracts are undertaken with either the tenant or homeowner in-situ, requiring a full understanding of the occupier’s individual needs. The vacant and fire damaged properties require the property to be of high quality lettable standard as soon as possible, whereas the education sector refurbishments require the works to be undertaken outside of term times.
“We have worked with, and are currently supporting a number of major contractors to deliver both occupied and non-occupied refurbishment schemes to their clients”. These include;
- Under a Framework Agreement, a programme of full refurbishment and structural works of up to 200 council owned properties per month for Sheffield City Council, which commenced in 2003
- A Framework Agreement to refurbish void properties to lettable standards for North East Derbyshire District Council
- An on-going programme of full refurbishment and structural works to North West Leicestershire District Council through the Decent Homes Framework
- Kitchen and bathroom replacement schemes to council owned properties for North East Derbyshire District Council, Sheffield City Council and NW Leicestershire District Council.
- New welfare facilities for both staff, infants and junior children at a number of primary schools
- A kitchen and bathroom replacement scheme for Metropolitan Housing Trust in Nottinghamshire
- A comprehensive bathroom adaptation scheme for home owners/tenants applying for alternations with a disability grant fund (DGF)
- A comprehensive responsive repairs and maintenance program for Sheffield City Council, that also included fire damaged works and disaster recovery
- Community Centre/Social venue refurbishment
- A wet room fast track re-fit scheme at Lincoln University
The versatility of our workforce combined with a commitment to providing the highest quality workmanship on time and on budget has enabled us to build long lasting relationships with councils, local authorities and commercial contractors across many regions.
For all refurbishment enquiries please telephone: 0114 247 9100 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Building Services
“I am pleased to say that Parsons Construction did a great job rebuilding the section wall and matching it into the existing. The wall looks great and I would like to personally thank all of the team for all their hard work.”
Facilities Manager SCC
"The Contracts Manager in particular showed a level of knowledge, care and professionalism that could only be admired. Various changes to the original specification and variations required throughout the job were met with an accommodating attitude of meeting the customer requirement; which may not have been so easily addressed with many contractors. The support given by Trevor and Gavin to the Parson’s team was exemplary and showed clear leadership."
"Just like to say a big thank you to all the Parsons team. The wall was completed on time with minimal downtime due to the weather. All in all a fantastic job, the stone work is in my opinion immaculate. It looks great, but most important it was completed without anyone getting hurt. Well planned and managed, it has been great working with you all. So a big thanks for all you have done, been a pleasure lads, wish you well in the future."
St Giles Church Hall, Killamarsh
“It was clear from the start that this was a family orientated firm, but still offering the professionalism to meet the requirements of the contract. The striking thing was the level of customer care and attention to detail that was shown right from the start, which continued right the way through to the completion. The resulting job was one of quality and excellent finish that has been admired by everyone visiting. As a firm I can highly recommend Parsons”
Our Centre Manager
“Parsons had been the original contractor when the church was built in the 1960’s therefore it seemed only natural for us to obtain a quotation for the work. This was very competitive and therefore accepted. From the outset Parsons proved to be very professional and offered advice when required. The various workpeople involved with the different stages of the project were efficient, polite and helpful. The standard of work was excellent. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this family run business to others.”
Revd Canon Helen Guest
t: 0114 247 9100
65-67 Mansfield Road